Back to Portfolio
The Hub, 123-151 Buckingham Palace Road, SW1
This mixed-use development is under construction above platforms 12 to 19 at Victoria Station.
With ground-level refurbishment works to retail spaces, office entrances, public realm and a 3-storey rooftop extension 'The Hub' will provide 100,000 ft2 of Grade A office space with dedicated entrance and Sky Garden.
- The existing high voltage network is to be reconfigured to serve the new single building and new central plant is to be provided for the extension
- In addition to the office space, there will be seven independent retail outlets across 16,000 ft²
- A new VRV system shall be installed and new AHU’s equipment
Energy & Sustainability Services:
- Client required the new part of the building to have very good environmental credentials, opting for BREEAM Excellent rating and EPC rating of A, which we were able to deliver with a design that also met the budget requirements
- Adding new floors to the development, whilst meeting requirements for environmental credentials
- The design and sustainability teams worked closely to deliver design that achieves very high environmental standards
- Building will remain partially occupied throughout the extension and refurbishment
- From a services perspective, this required the relocation of existing tenant cooling plant whilst keeping it operational, achieved by diverting existing cooling capacties and carrying the work out of hours and during winter months
The development will provide major improvements to the ground floor retail spaces, office entrances and public realm, while adding a substantial rooftop extension to the building providing 100,000ft2 of grade A office space with its own dedicated entrance.
The design opens up parts of the colonnade to improve the access to the building. As part of the regeneration new retail units shall be provided together with a refurbished colonnade and public realm space which will include new landscaping, street furniture and lighting.
Services provided by Mecserve:
- Building information modelling (BIM)
- Building services engineering
- Energy analysis & simulation
- Sustainability benchmarking
- Vertical transportation
Contract Value: £80m
Client: GAW Capital Partners
Architect: Morrow + Lorraine
Project Manager: Buro Four
Quantity Surveyor: G&T
Structural Engineer: Peter Dann Consulting Engineers