Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer
Salary: circa £65,000 to £70,000 (subject to experience)
Primary Location: London
Seeking A Varied Role In A Collaborative, Multi-Disciplinary Team?
We are looking for a talented Senior or Principal Mechanical Engineer to join the team. Ideally with an interest in, or experience of, working across different sectors, predominantly commercial and residential.
Engineering Exceptional Environmental Solutions for Buildings is what we do each and every day for all of our clients, often on renowned and award winning projects -- see our portfolio.
You excel in engineering design, management of projects and teams, working on multiple projects, including multi-million pound schemes and:
- support the directors with ongoing development of improved standards and procedures within the company, taking the lead in managing everyday operations utilising your years’ of experience
- act as design lead on projects, promoting design excellence and mentor and develop the skills of the engineers in their team
- assist the directors to develop business opportunities, be able to confidently market the company and expand your network of contacts, delivering presentations and winning work
- your financial acumen will ensure that projects are delivered on time and budget, preparing fee submissions, negotiate appointments and ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- have a good level of oral and written communication (excellent report writing skills, in particular) setting the highest standards of communication both internally and externally
- taking responsibility for all aspects of the design of safe, economical and reliable mechanical systems
- meeting contractual scope of work and complying with applicable standards and regulations for projects from inception to completion
- managing teams and projects in respect of deliverables, resources and financials
- demonstrating a thorough understanding of the CDM Regulations, specifically the Designers requirements, ensuring adherence to all H&S requirements at all times
- managing junior staff providing mentoring and leadership to identify opportunities for their development
- undertaking staff performance reviews, encouraging cooperation, collaboration and team working
- delivering internal training and seminars in different specialist aspects
- utilising strong financial management skills with regards to project costing principles
- representing Mecserve at design team and client meetings and liaising with clients and others to obtain technical and operational information
- maintaining project overviews at all times and keeping project documentation up-to-date, complying with file management protocols
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- an excellent understanding of:
- BSRIA BG6 and RIBA stages, Part L, BREEAM and renewable technologies
- other MEP engineering disciplines sufficient to understand their impact in the overall design, and converse at a high level
- proficiency in the use of:
- Hevacomp or IES
- the inclination to learn AutoCAD and Revit
- attained or are working towards Chartered status
- ability to undertake CPD by reading technical journals, attending relevant IEE/CIBSE technical seminars from time to time and attending in house seminars aimed at increasing technical and operational knowledge
If this sounds like you, then please fill out the form on this page, sending us a brief covering message outlining your suitability and a copy of your CV in Word or PDF format.
Mecserve is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.